- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife Access and Habitat Program
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife public access information for hunters
- Grays Harbor County
- Grays Harbor/Mason County
- East Mason County
- Columbia Basin Management Area
- 2022 Green Diamond Recreation Map: South
- 2022 Green Diamond Recreation Map: North
Resources for current permit holders:
- Application for new or additional 2022-23 permits (for use September 1, 2022 - August 30, 2023)
- Mason Lake Recreation Area
- Additional access permit-holder-only materials
- Application for 2022-2023 permits (for use September 1, 2022 - August 30, 2023)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Program Rules and Regulations
- Columbia Basin Management Area FAQ
- Recent Alerts
Access map and program information:
Recreational lease program information and login:
Internal evaluation reports:
- Response of Wildlife and Aquatic Resources to Even-Aged Management in Coastal Northern California
(Lowell Diller, Ph. D., July 2012)
- Peer Review of: Response of Wildlife and Aquatic Resources to Even-Aged Management in Coastal Northern California
(Gary Roloff, Ph. D., Michigan State University, September 2013)
- Vigorous Young-Stand Development on Green Diamond’s California Timberlands
(Dan Opalach, Ph. D., June 2012)
- Review of Green Diamond Resource Company’s Timber Harvest Operations and Forest Management Activities as They Relate to the Rate of Harvest and Cumulative Watershed Effects (Matthew House, M.S.; Ryan Bourque, M.S.; David Lamphear, June 2012)
- California Forest Practice Rules (For elements not covered in our HCPs)
- Forest Management Plan
- Forest Management Waste Discharge Requirements
- Aquatic Habitat Conservation Plan (AHCP)
- Final Environmental Impact Statement for the AHCP
- Forest Habitat Conservation Plan
- Forest HCP Consistency Determination
- Safe Harbor Agreement for Humboldt Marten
- Master Agreement for Timber Operations
- Road Management Water Discharge Requirements (WDR) from Water Quality Control Board
Historical permits, plans and agreements:
- Northern Spotted Owl Habitat Conservation Plan (NSO HCP)
- Northern Spotted Owl HCP Consistency Determination
- Foothill Yellow-legged Frog Incidental Take Permit
- Forest Habitat Conservation Plan Annual Report (3/2022)
- Marten Safe Harbor Agreement Annual Report (3/2022)
- Annual Summary of High Conservation Value Areas Monitoring (10/2022)
- Summary of 4-5 Year Stocking Surveys (2021)
- Aquatic Habitat Conservation Plan Biennial Report (4/2021)
- Osprey Monitoring Results (3/2022)
- Annual Year-end Summary Report for the Botanical Survey Season (5/2022)
- Road Management Waste Discharge Requirement and Master Agreement for Timber Operations Annual Work Plan (2/2022)
- Road Management Waste Discharge Requirement and Master Agreement for Timber Operations Annual Work Report (3/2022)
- Four-year Master Agreement for Timber Operations (MATO) Status Report (3/2022)
- Elk River - Master Inventory of Sediment Sources and Road Related Sites After Completion of Treatment Annual Report (3/2022)
- Elk River - Water Quality Trend Monitoring Annual Report (11/2021)
- Elk River - Landslide Monitoring (7/2018)
- Pesticide Use Report (2021)
- Annual Social Impact Monitoring Report (10/2022)
- Socio-economic Monitoring Results (10/2022)
Information not covered in our Washington HCP:
Del Norte Salamander
- Diller, Lowell V. and Richard L. Wallace. 1994. Distribution and habitat of Plethodon elongatus on managed, young growth forests in north coastal California. Journal of Herpetology 28(3):310-318.
- Hamm, Keith A. 1995. Abundance of dusky-footed woodrats in managed forests of north coastal California. M.S. thesis, Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA.
- Hamm, Keith A., Lowell V. Diller and David W. Kitchen. In press. Comparison of indexes for estimating abundance of dusky-footed woodrats. Wildlife Society Bulletin.
- Hamm, Keith A. and Lowell V. Diller. Effects of forest age and silviculture on the abundance of dusky-footed woodrats in coastal northern California. (Will be submitted to the Journal of Wildlife Management.)
Northern Spotted Owl
- Diller, Lowell V. and Darrin M. Thome. 1999. Population density of northern spotted owls in managed young-growth forests in coastal northern California. The Journal of Raptor Research 33(4):275-286.
- Thome, Darrin M., Cynthia J. Zabel and Lowell V. Diller. 1999. Forest stand characteristics and reproduction of northern spotted owls in managed north-coastal California forests. Journal of Wildlife Management 63(1):44-59.
- Thome, Darrin M., Cynthia J. Zabel and Lowell V. Diller. 2000. Spotted owl turnover and reproduction in managed forest of north-coastal California. Journal of Field Ornithology 71(1):140-146.
- Folliard, Lee B., Kerry P. Reese and Lowell V. Diller. 2000. Landscape characteristics of northern spotted owl nest sites in managed forests of northwestern California. The Journal of Raptor Research 34(2):75-84.
- Klug, Richard R. 1997. Occurrence of Pacific fisher (Martes pennanti pacifica) in the Redwood Zone of northern California and the habitat attributes associated with their detections. M.S. thesis, Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA.
- Hamm, Keith A., Lowell V. Diller, Richard R. Klug and Trent L. McDonald. Spatial independence of fisher detections at track plates in northwestern California. Submitted to: Wildlife Society Bulletin.
- Thomson, Joel L. (In progress) Abundance and density of fisher on managed timberlands in north coastal California M.S. thesis Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA.
Red Tree Vole
- Thompson, Joel L. and Lowell V. Diller. 2002. Relative abundance and nest site characteristics, and nest dynamics of Sonoma Tree Voles of red tree voles in managed timberlands in coastal Northwest California. Northwestern Naturalist 83:91-100.
Southern Torrent Salamander
- Diller, Lowell V. and Richard L. Wallace. 1996. Distribution and habitat of Rhyacotriton variegatus on managed, young growth forests in north coastal California. Journal of Herpetology 30(2):184-191.
- Wallace, Richard L. and Lowell V. Diller. 1998. Length of the larval Cycle of Ascaphus truei in coastal streams of the Redwood Region, Northern California. Journal of Herpetology 32(3):404-409.
- Diller, Lowell V. and Richard L. Wallace. 1999. Distribution and habitat of Ascaphus truei in streams on managed, young growth forests in north coastal California. Journal of Herpetology 33(1):71-79.
Educational and Industry Links to Learn More
- Cal Poly Forestry and Natural Resources
- Humboldt State University, Forestry and Wildland Resources Department
- Oregon Forest Resources Institute
- Oregon State University Forestry
- The Forest Foundation
- UC Berkeley – Center for Forestry
- University of Washington, CORRIM
- University of Washington, College of the Environment
- Working Forests Action Network
- Conservation International
- Resources for the Future
- The Conservation Fund
- Trust for Public Land
- Western Rivers Conservancy
- American Forest & Paper Association
- American Tree Farm System
- California Forestry Association
- California Redwood Association
- National Alliance of Forest Owners
- Oregon Forest & Industries Council
- Society of American Foresters
- Washington Forest Protection Association
- American Tree Farm System
- Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative